For a safer, cleaner street, brush should be placed out for pick-up no earlier than 48 HOURS prior to scheduled pick-up date.
We ask your cooperation in making Brush Pick-up more efficient by observing the following guildlines:
- NO BRANCHES OR LIMBS MORE THAN 3 INCHES IN DIAMETER WILL BE PICKED UP. Only branches, limbs and logs that can be chipped will be collected.
- SMALL LIMBS AND TWIGS should be tied in 1-FOOT ROUND BUNDLES NO LONGER THAN 6 FEET.
- ALL BRANCHES, LIMBS OR LOGS should be no longer than 6 feet, neatly stacked, all in one direction. No more than 3 inhes in diameter is allowed. CHIPPER LIMITS.
- VINES AND PRICKER BUSHES must be tied in BUNDLES.
- STUMPS are to be free of DIRT AND DEBRIS.
- NO LEAVES OR GRASS CLIPPINGS are allowed with Brush Pick-Up.
- NO LUMBER, METAL, BUILDING MATERIAL OR FOREIGN DEBRIS are allowed.
MORRIS PLAINS RECREATION SUMMER THEATER PRESENTS A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM" ON JULY 31ST. AND AUGUST 1ST.:
"A Midsummer Night's Dream" by William Shakespeare will be presented at the Borough School next Thursday and Friday (July 31 & August 1). The performances will start at 7:00 PM. Tickets are $5.00 and will be sold at the door.
Morris Plains Rotary is sponsoring a FREE learn to ride program for kids ages 5 to 13 on August 12th from 10 AM to Noon at the Basketball Courts in Community Park Morris Plains. The lesson is run by League of American Bicyclists Certified bike coaches from TransOptions and will show your child how to balance on two wheels with ease. They will also teach your child how to pedal, start, stop, and adjust a helmet for proper fit all in a short fun-filled two hour lesson!
FARMER'S MARKET NEWS FLASH!!!
- Corn is now in and available at the market!
- a Youth Craft Fair will be held. PLEASE CLICK HERE for Youth Craft Fair Registration form.
- Also, On August 2nd. a free blood pressure screening will be available, provided by the nursing students of Carolyn Garzone-Johnson, RN, MSN, ANP, Professor of Nursing, FDU
The Morris Plains Farmer's Market is now open for is 12th season. It will be open every Saturday (rain or shine) thru October 11, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM at the parking lot of the Merchant Block in town.
What's new at the Farmers' Market? Have you tried Brook Hollow Winery? Just this week, our favorite winery brought Cranberry Wine! Ort Farms now offers local, pasteurized glass-bottled milk, cheese and cheese spreads, honey, jellies and fresh seasonal fruits and veggies. Krakus Deli has a great selection of home made Polish specialties. Mara's pies and cakes are as good as ever! Get your fresh mozzarella at Hoboken Farms, along with their frozen meats and fish, sticky and delicious breads. And don't forget the pickles and olives. Coming up, Arts & Crafts shows for our youth and adults. Check out our local artist, John Darvie, show off his acrylic paintings which he teaches in our Recreation Art Classes.
CONTENTS OF 50 YEAR OLD BOROUGH TIME CAPSULE UNEARTHED ON JUNE 28TH. NOW ON DISPLAY AT MORRIS PLAINS MUSEUM:
The contents of the Time Capsule, buried at Community Park in June, 1964 and opened on June 28, 2014, are now on display at the Morris Plains Museum. The Morris Plains Museum is open Saturdays, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. or by special appointment (call 973-267-3303).
SET YOUR SAILS FOR SHIPWRECK BAY!
FREE Vacation Bible School
August 11-14, 2014
5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
A light supper will be served
Trinity Lutheran Church
131 Mountain Way, Morris Plains, NJ
St. Virgil Academy (SVA), conveniently located on the campus of St. Virgil Parish on Speedwell Avenue in Morris Township, is currently accepting registrations for their three- and four-year-old preschool classes.
The well-established program offers an enriching Montessori-based curriculum—including S.T.E.M., flexible hours and a highly qualified and certified staff who teach in a safe, nurturing environment. Extended before and aftercare hours are available, along with full and half day options. Knowing how crucial these early education years are to a child’s development, SVA prides itself on offering families an exceptional program that caters to individual needs.
Disaster and major event impacts do not end at town lines. So, Morris County has created a system where towns and the county can post to a single social stream. YOU choose the device and social network that you will retrieve them on. Turn to "MCUrgent" during events that affect multiple towns or where the impact is county wide.
- On Facebook - facebook.com/MCUrgent
- On Twitter - twitter.com.MCUrgent
- For Text Msg - "follow @MCUrgent" to 40404
- On the WEB - MorrisOEM.org
Four new classes have been announced which will be held from August 11th.to August 14th..
The official Pool Season (daily operation) began on st. at .
Pool memberships are still available. Come to the Community Center M-TH, to register. Registration materials and Pool information are available on the Morris Plains Boro website (click the "Recreation" link).
Questions, call athe Community Center at 973-538-3455
Please click on the link below to begin the online registration process for your child:
1 - Register online in order to attend "Step Up Night" on June 6, 2014.
2 - Submit Waver Form,
REGISTRATION AND WAIVER DEADLINE FOR ALL OTHER STUDENTS IS JULY 31, 2014.