Morris Plains Trash Collection and Brush Pickup
Garbage Collection Days - Monday and Thursday
Holiday garbage collection dates for 2017 are May 30,2017, September 5,2017,and November 24,2017, and December 26,2017 then January 2,2018.
For more information on garbage collection, permits, license and Borough ordinances, please consult Borough Clerk's Office at (973) 538-2224.
Metal appliances and large items are picked up on Thursday only.
Any contrator construction debris must be removed by the contractor.
BRUSH PICK-UP IS SCHEDULED FOR THE WEEKS OF:
- January 30, 2017
- February27, 2017
- March 27, 2017
- April 24, 2017
- May 29, 2017
- June 26, 2017
- July31, 2017
- August 28, 2017
- September23, 2017
- January 29, 2018
For a safer, cleaner street, brush should be placed out for pick-up no earlier than 48 HOURS prior to scheduled pick-up date.
We ask your cooperation in making Brush Pick-up more efficient by observing the following guildlines:
- NO BRANCHES OR LIMBS MORE THAN 3 INCHES IN DIAMETER WILL BE PICKED UP. Only branches, limbs and logs that can be chipped will be collected.
- SMALL LIMBS AND TWIGS should be tied in 1-FOOT ROUND BUNDLES NO LONGER THAN 6 FEET.
- ALL BRANCHES, LIMBS OR LOGS should be no longer than 6 feet, neatly stacked, all in one direction. No more than 3 inhes in diameter is allowed. CHIPPER LIMITS.
- VINES AND PRICKER BUSHES must be tied in BUNDLES.
- STUMPS are to be free of DIRT AND DEBRIS.
- NO LEAVES OR GRASS CLIPPINGS are allowed with Brush Pick-Up.
- NO LUMBER, METAL, BUILDING MATERIAL OR FOREIGN DEBRIS are allowed.
REMINDER: If you are an OUTSIDE CONTRATOR to cut down a tree, trim trees, bushes and/or landscpe, the CONTRACTOR IS RESPONSIBLE for hauling it away — not the Borough.
VIOLATIONS: If Brush Pick-Up procedures are not followed, brush will not be picked up and a notice will be left describing the violation(s).
GRASS CLIPPINGS - April 5, 2017 to October 11, 2017. The only material which should be put into the covered containers for these Wednesday pick-ups is grass. Please: NO TWIGS, BRANCHES, STONES OR OTHER MATERIALS.
LEAF PICKUP - October 16th to December 1std, 2017 DO NOT put grass, sticks, vines or stones in leaves. Rake leaves to curbside. DO NOT PUT LEAVES IN BAGS. Put them in neat piles at curbside.
CHRISTMAS TREE PICK-UP - - JANUARY 2 -19, 2018
No brush will be picked up. No plastic bags, nails, wire or ornaments are to be left on trees.
Thank you for your cooperation - Department of Public Works - 973-538-4494