Registration has been canceled due to low enrollment. Please contact Morris Plains Recreation with any questions.
Each session has 8 available spots.
Payment – Include Invoice # on check or via MuniciPAY (Choose Recreation, then choose Recreation -other than summer camp/enrichment
Checks should be delivered to the Community Center.
MuniciPAY (fees apply, details on Payment page)
To submit content for the newsletter, please submit to email@example.com by noon each Thursday. Some items may take longer to publish if review is needed.
These organizations operate in the Borough of Morris Plains but are not affiliated with the Borough government.
Links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Borough of Morris Plains. The Borough of Morris Plains bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
The Morris Plains Police Department is currently accepting applications for Class III Special Police Officer. The hired officer will be responsible for the safety and security of students, staff and faculty at two schools, Pre-K – Second Grade and Third – Eighth Grade. The officer will also assist with security planning for two school buildings and the administrative office.
Qualified applicants upon hiring can expect:
- A competitive wage of $35.00 an hour.
- 5 hours of steady work Monday through Friday during the school year and may include additional hours throughout the year for training.
All applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Must be a retired officer who (1) previously served as a duly qualified, full time law enforcement officer in any municipality, county or agency of this state, a bi-state agency, or a federal agency, and (2) possesses a New Jersey Police Training Commission Basic Police Officer Certification, New Jersey State Police Academy Certification, or other proof of basic police training approved by the New Jersey Police Training Commission.
- Must reside in New Jersey.
- Retirement from service must be less than three years from the date of appointment, and the applicant must be able to provide proof of retirement in good standing from their previous department or agency, (excluding retirement resulting from injury or incapacity).
- Must be less than 65 years of age and must be physically capable of performing the functions of the position in accordance with the standards established by the Police Training Commission.
- Must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language well and intelligently, and have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must also successfully pass a background investigation and medical, psychological and drug screenings.
- Must be of good moral character and must not have been convicted of any offense involving dishonesty or which would make the applicant unfit to perform the duties of the office.
*The position will be renewed each school year with the approval of the Chief of Police and the Superintendent of Schools.
Interested applicants must submit a resume, which can be mailed, e-mail or submitted in person to:
Morris Plains Police Department
Attn: Chief Michael M. Koroski
531 Speedwell Avenue
Morris Plains, NJ 07950
For any questions, please e-mail Chief Michael Koroski @ firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is Friday, July 31st, 2023 at 4 o’clock PM.
***The Borough of Morris Plains is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be given full consideration***
Open to 7th and 8th Graders. Apply by April 15th.