Mission Statement of the Morris Plains Fire Prevention Bureau
The Fire Prevention Bureau shall:
- Ensure public and firefighter safety through consistent and professional enforcement of the Uniform Fire Code of New Jersey.
- Provide accurate and timely information to the officers and members of the Morris Plains Fire Department as to the hazards located within the Borough of Morris Plains.
- Educate and train the public on fire safety systems and preventative measures necessary to ensure the protection of life and property.
- Investigate the cause of every fire or explosion that occurs within the Borough of Morris Plains that involves the loss of life or serious injury or causes destruction or damage to property.
- Be knowledgeable on all laws, regulations and literature affecting the enforcement of the Uniform Fire Code of New Jersey, Morris Plains Fire Prevention, public safety, and firefighter safety.