The NJ Business Action Center:
- New business checklist outlines how to research your chosen industry, decide your business structure, register your business name with the appropriate authority, and obtain any necessary state and county licenses and Employer Identification Number.
- Resource Publications from New Jersey Business Action Center:
- “How to” publications – create a business plan, choose a location, register a trade name, start a franchise
- Quick Start Guides for auto body repair, catering/restaurant, food truck, and more.
- Emergency Preparedness, NJ certifications
- Business Helpline from the NJBAC Office of Small Business Advocacy – call 1-800-JERSEY-7. Counselors and mentors can assist with starting a business, incorporating, and accessing government resources to help with financial statements, social media strategies, financing, licensing and certifications and regulatory compliance.
- Request Business Counseling through the Morris County Economic Development Corporation – assistance with business start-up questions and relocation strategies, and support in growing your business.
- Membership in Morris County Chamber of Commerce can help increase your visibility, build your business and providing valuable training opportunities.