2023 Summer Camp Registration
Wait List (updated 5/7/23)
Sign up for the wait list on the registration page and will be contacted if a space opens.
- Cheerleading K-5
- Crafty Kitchen
- Science Wizards K-2
- Science Wizards 3-6
- Amazing Animal Sculptures
- Summer Theatre
- Camp and Enhancement program registrations are all online this year!
- Review 2023 Recreation Camp Enhancement Flyer prior to registration opening.
- Click Here for general summer camp information.
- Camp dates for 2023 are 6/26 – 7/28
- A Certified Emergency Medical Technician will be on staff during Summer Camp
- For enhancements that begin at 12:30 we provide a free lunch option where campers stay at the end of camp, eat a lunch they bring, while supervised by counselors, and are then brought to the enhancement program.
- For enhancements that begin at 1pm or later, the campers would need to be picked up and brought back for the program. The 1pm or later start times are typically at an alternate location from the Community Center.
Registration requires 3 things – #2 (Payment) and #3 (Emergency Medical Form) need to be submitted within 5 days of registration.
- Online registration
- Payment – Online Payment with MuniciPAY (nonrefundable fees apply) or send/ drop off check to Community Center- MUST include invoice # from step 1 * MuniciPAY accepts credit or debit cards. You will be assessed a nonrefundable 2.65% credit card fee by MuniciPAY of the total amount of the charge, or $3.00, whichever is greater.
* If you are registering for pool and camp at the same time, you will need to write separate checks or if you are using MuniciPAY, be sure to put the appropriate amounts in the different items (pool, camps/classes).
- Emergency Medical Form –MUST include invoice # from step 1
Download Emergency Medical Form
OR complete HIPAA Compliant Emergency Medical form online
Read before Registering
- A camp or class is referred to an an “event” in our registration system.
- You will fill your shopping cart with all camps and classes for all family members. For example, if you have 2 entering camp K-5 and one teen camper, you would add quanty 2 in K-5 camp, add to cart, return to events list, choose quantity 1 teen camp and add to cart. (note, just putting a quanity in won’t add it to the cart, you need to add each event to the cart then return to events list). There is no “add all to cart” so make sure you add each event (any quanity of that event) to the cart individually.
- Once you have added all to the cart, you then proceed to registration.
- The first event will ask for informaiton related to ALL campers, such as parent name and related questions. You will only need to fill this out once. It will also ask for the first camper’s info for that camp/class. THEN for all the other event spots, you will fill out information only related to the camper in that event.
- Once you are done and submit registration, you will receive an online and email invoice. With the invoice #, you will either pay online wiht MuniciPAY, or send/drop off a check along with a copy of the invoice within 5 days.
- Please make sure the medical form is also submitted wihtin 5 days and include the invoice #.
- If you decide to add additional classes after you register, you may submit another registration at a different time. (For example, if you decide to add an enhancement program that you weren’t sure about when you first registered).
Click Here to Register (scroll past pool registration)
Morris Plains Recreation Program Guidelines and Policies
- The morning Summer Camp Program is open to all Morris Plains Residents. Early registration is encouraged to allow for adequate planning and staffing. Registration after May 9th is $450.00.
- All other programs are on a first come, first served basis. Classes will be closed when the maximum registration has been received. Additional participants may place their name on a waiting list and will be notified if space becomes available.
- Cancellation of registration for Summer Camp will be accepted up to 14 days prior to the start of Summer Camp.. A refund, less the $10.00 cancelation fee, will be issued according to the refund policy. No refunds will be issued after the deadline.
- A $10.00 fee will be applied to each canceled Enhancement Program; does not apply to Programs canceled by Morris Plains Recreation.
- If class minimums are not met 7 days prior to the start of a program, participants will be notified of the program cancellation and a full refund will be issued according to the refund procedure.
- Program refund policy: A refund voucher must be signed in person. Refund vouchers are available at the Morris Plains Community Center during open business hours. A refund check will be issued via U.S. Mail within 30 days of program cancellation.
- MuniciPAY online fees go directly to our 3rd party vendor, MuniciPAY, and are nonrefundable.
Contact: Karleen Leahey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-538-3544 with any questions.