Summer Camp and Enhancement Programs
The Morris Plains Recreation Commission offers a five-week Summer Camp, 9 AM to Noon, for resident children entering kindergarten to entering 9th grade.
A Certified Emergency Medical Technician will be on staff during Summer Camp
The majority of Camp Counselors were once campers!
Super Kids Camp (entering grades K – 5 ) at Community Park
Teen Camp (entering grades 6 – 9 at Community Park
Early Drop Off (entering grades K – 5 ) at Community Park
- For Early Drop Off, Parents may drop their K-5 campers off @ 8 AM (1 hour before camp begins)
- Campers can bring their breakfast.
- Campers will be supervised and escorted to their camp drop off location @ 9 AM.
- Campers will enjoy books, puzzles, games, etc. for entertainment
Typically, Camp activities include:
- Organized outdoor games and outdoor play
- A certified Art Instructor offering a wide range of Art Projects (including an all-inclusive Camp Art Project) and Creative Crafts.
- Entertainment highlights, including Scavenger Hunts, Tie Dye, Relay Races, Minute to Win it Competitions, Obstacle Courses.
- A favorite: creating our own refreshments such as: Build your own Sundaes, Tacos , Pizza Bagels.
- Rainy days – a Movie and Popcorn.
- Select days at Community Park Pool and a visit from Kona Ice
- Camp finale: Annual Talent Show; everyone participates!
Registration will open mid-April 2023. See Announcements on right sidebar for updates.
Summer Camp Employment Opportunities
See Announcements on right sidebar for Employment Opportunities.