Summer Camp and Enhancement Programs
The Morris Plains Recreation Commission offers a five-week Summer Camp, 9 AM to Noon, for resident children entering kindergarten to entering 9th grade. In 2021, Summer Camp is scheduled for June 28th – July 30.
“Super Kids Camp” (entering grades K – 5 ) at Community Park
“Teen Camp” (entering grades 6 – 9) at the Teen Center House on Route 53.
Counselors are all CPR, AED and First Aid trained; the majority of Camp Counselors were once campers!
Typically, Camp activities include:
- Organized outdoor games and outdoor play
- A certified Art Instructor offering a wide range of Art Projects (including an all-inclusive Camp Art Project) and Creative Crafts.
- Entertainment highlights, including Scavenger Hunts, Tie Dye, Relay Races, Minute to Win it Competitions, Obstacle Courses, Reptile Show, Water Slides, Bounce House.
- A favorite: creating our own refreshments such as: Build your own Sundaes, Tacos , Pizza Bagels.
- Rainy days – a Movie and Popcorn.
- Every Wednesday: Fun in the sun at the Community Park Pool and a visit from Kona Ice.
- Optional day trips to Sunrise Lake, Movie Theatre, Skating, Mini Golf, Rock Climbing, Bowling, Turtleback Zoo.
- Optional extended day trips to Tomahawk Lake, Camelback, Dorney Park.
- Camp finale: Annual Talent Show; everyone participates!
Unfortunately, Summer Camp, 2021 will need to follow a Covid protocol and we will not be able to offer our typical Summer Camp. However, we hope to be able to offer a Covid-safe version of Summer Camp that will be just as much fun and will look forward to welcoming back our Camp that we are so proud of next year!
Registration is closed for the 2021 season.