Fall Leaf Pick-Up
Leaf Collection will begin mid-October, weather permitting.
- Leaves should be raked in piles and placed at curbside from September 1st to mid-December. Please do not place in bags or barrels for pick-up.
- Do not mix wood, branches, rocks, dirt, or grass clipping with leaves. Leaves will not be collected due to possible risk to the crew and damage to equipment. The homeowner is responsible to notify landscaping contractors.
- Do not place leaves closer than 10 feet to any storm drain inlet.
- Do not place yard waste at the curb or along the street except during pick-up times designated on the Borough website under “News and Announcements.”
Grass clippings can be composted on residential property or placed in reusable, covered containers and placed at curbside for recycling collection between April 1st until November 1st.
- Place grass clippings in covered containers at the curb on Tuesday night for pick-up on Wednesday mornings.
- Cans must be less than 50 pounds and in no larger than a 32 gallon size container
- Biodegradable bags are acceptable.
- Twigs, weeds, potted plants, leaves and sticks cannot be mixed with grass for pick-up
- Do not bag grass clippings for municipal garbage collection.
Please refer to Borough ordinance 17A – Article 3, Containerized Yard Waste.
For a safer, cleaner street, put brush at curbside for pickup no earlier than 48 hours prior to scheduled pickup date.
Brush will be picked up by the chipper starting the last Monday of the following months: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August and September
To make BRUSH PICKUP more efficient, please do the following:
- No branches or limbs more than 3 inches in diameter will be picked up. Only branches, limbs and logs that can be chipped will be collected.
- Small limbs and twigs should be tied in 1-foot round bundles no longer than six feet.
- All branches, limbs, or logs should be no longer than 6 feet, neatly stacked, all in one direction. No more than 3 inches in diameter is allowed.
- Vines and pricker bushes must be tied in bundles.
- Stumps are to be free of dirt and debris.
- No leaves or grass clippings are allowed with Brush Pickup.
- No lumber, metal, building material or foreign debris are allowed.
If you hire an OUTSIDE CONTRACTOR to cut down a tree, trim trees, bushes and/or provide landscaping, the Contractor is responsible for hauling it away, not the borough.
If Brush Pickup procedures are not followed, brush will not be picked up and a notice will be left describing the violation(s).
Please refer to Borough ordinance 17A – Article 2, Yard Waste Collection Program.