Business Development Committee
The Business Development Committee was formed in 2020 to develop partnerships and foster an environment that will create a thriving downtown, and a strong business economy in the Borough of Morris Plains.
The committee is following the “Main Street Approach,” developed by Main Street America, committed to building vibrant neighborhoods and thriving economies. Our approach includes:
- Developing a framework, relationships, and gathering data
- Researching our market and recruiting appropriate businesses
- Creating an environment where people want to shop and visit
- Promoting the unique characteristics of our Borough through events and campaigns
Read more about our Phase 1 plans here.
The mayor has appointed the following:
- Councilman Dennis Wagner, Chair
- Councilperson Joan Goddard
- Councilperson Nancy Verga
If you have experience in commercial real estate, business development, nonprofit formation and leadership or marketing/communications and would like to get involved, please complete the Volunteer form.