Business Development Committee
The Business Development Committee was formed in 2020 to develop partnerships and foster an environment that will create a thriving downtown, and a strong business economy in the Borough of Morris Plains.
The committee is following the “Main Street Approach,” developed by Main Street America, committed to building vibrant neighborhoods and thriving economies. Our approach includes:
- Developing a framework, relationships, and gathering data
- Researching our market and recruiting appropriate businesses
- Creating an environment where people want to shop and visit
- Sharing information about loans, grants, outdoor dining and other opportunities with our existing small businesses to help them thrive
- Promoting the unique characteristics of our Borough
Small Business Grants
Grant funding made available from the American Rescue Plan Act is still available to support Morris County’s small businesses and nonprofit organizations as they struggle to meet the challenges posed by the pandemic. For information, visit www.morriscountygrants.com.
The mayor has appointed the following:
- Councilman Dennis Wagner, Chair
- Councilperson Joan Goddard
- Councilperson Nancy Verga
Read more about our 2022 Program Goals here.