Water: Southeast Morris County Municipal Utilities Authority (SMCMUA)
In 1977, the Governing Bodies of Morristown, Morris Township, Morris Plains and Hanover Township (the Creating Municipalities) passed parallel ordinances creating The Southeast Morris County Municipal Utilities Authority. Each Creating Municipality appoints two of their residents to serve as Board Members of the Authority. The Board is governed by New Jersey Statutes and is a governmental agency.
Board Members Serving from Morris Plains
- Ralph Rotando, Vice Chairman
- Patricia Webster
Board meetings are open to the public and in compliance with the Open Public Meetings Act. All interested members of the public are invited to attend these meetings. Meetings are generally held on the first and third Thursdays of the month.
Visit the SMCMUA Website
Link here to register for citizen alerts.
Link here for water quality reports
Electricity: Jersey Central Power and Light
Report an Outage
Reporting an outage helps pinpoint damage and restore power more quickly. You can do this several ways:
- Report an outage online
- Call 888-LIGHTSS (888-544-4877)
- Report your outage via text message; get started by texting REG to 544487. (Message and data rates may apply. Customers can also text OUT if their account number is associated with the phone they are texting from.
- View/report power outages on our 24/7 Power Center maps
- If you have a communication disability, you can contact us through the appropriate text telephone (TTY/TDD) relay service.
More information about our text messaging, and related services can be found on our communication tools page.
Link here for storm preparation tips.
Gas: Public Service Electric & Gas
Visit the PSE&G Website
If you smell gas, IMMEDIATELY:
- Exit the building
- Move at least 350 feet away
- Call PSE&G at 1-800-880-PSEG (7734) OR call 911
You will not be charged for reporting a potential gas leak.
Optimum – Cable Television and Internet Service
Check your service status online optimum.net/support/outage (sign in with your Optimum ID and password)
Message Optimum at optimum.net/chat
Send Tweet to @Optimumhelp
Customer Service: (866) 950-3278
Verizon – Wireless and Internet
Fios Home: 1-800-VERIZON
Visit the Verizon Troubleshooter to quickly find your home Wi-Fi information, get help connecting devices to your network, or resolve troubles with your router.